asked Jan 7, 2003 at 8:37am
Hp HP DeskJet 660CSE

HP Deskjet 660Cse

I have a HP Deskjet 660Cse. It is printing junk characters. When tried with another computer I can not find the printer automatically as a plug and play printer.
I set it up manually with right printer driver. It prints junk characters on two different computers.

I opened up the back cover and looked at the circuit board. One six pin IC at location VR5 (5A6X is imprinted on it) is burnt out.

Could anyone help locate the part number/ replacement part?

It's the PC Board part # C2164-69001
But HP no longer supplies it.
Moe might have one though.
Good luck!
by Bill on Jan 7, 2003 at 10:10pm Add comment
I probably do have one. Do you want the board or the whole print engine?
by moe on Jan 8, 2003 at 7:58pm Add comment