asked Oct 17, 2013 at 4:53pm
Hp HP LaserJet 6P

110v versus 230v fuser for HP laserjet 6P

Does anyone know if it would be possible to fit a RG5-2801-HE (230V heating element unit) which I can get in the UK and fit this to a RG5-4110-000.(120v version) fuser assembly. Or are there more parts to the RG5-4110-000 that are 120v specific.

I'd hope I can fix my printer as I don't want to have to throw it away.

Thanks in anticipations
It would work, but it wouldn't get hot enough to fuse toner.
by moe on Oct 17, 2013 at 5:14pm Add comment
Just to clarify. I'm based in the UK so would be running on 230V. It's very difficult to get the 230V fuser version so I was looking at getting a 110v version from the US and just replacing the heating element with a 240V version, which you can still get, just not the whole fuser unit. Would it still be the case that this wouldn't get hot enough?

Sorry for the delay. I forgot to check 'notify me if someone responds' - ukgeorge
You confused me with your description, so I'm glad you clarified it.
That will work as all of the 240V part is contained in the heating element, the rest of the fuser just feeds the paper. If you need a 110V base that has a bad heating element, we can provide you one cheaply. Click on my name to email me.
by moe on Oct 24, 2013 at 10:05am Add comment