unknownasked Jan 1, 2001 at 11:19am
Printer Problem (needs a GURU for this one)
Win98(SR2)on both computers,128MB RAM, 20 GIG HD, etc.
I installed a new hard drive. I re-nstalled everything including the printer (HP 990cse).
Since then I now have an Epson Stylus 880.
Here's the problem:
1. On my computer, the printer won't print, but it will print via LAN from my wife's computer via Windows or DOS (even though it shows a "....LPT1 connection error...." message.
2. On my computer, the printer WILL print from DOS, but will NOT print from Windows.
3. I removed the LAN setup and ran the printer DIReCTLY to my computer. Still won't print in Windows. I get the ..."There is an error printing to LPT1....".
4. I have file/print sharing enabled for the LAN on both computers.
5. I replaced the printer cable with a new one. Same problem.
6. I removed the LPT1 printer port from System Properties and re-installed. Same problem.
7. I booted to SAFE MODE and removed the printer ports and re-booted. Windows re-installed the LPT1 as usual. Same problem.
8. I checked all connections and they are good. I re-installed Windows. Same problem.
9. I have all the Windows updates from Microsoft.
11. No IRQ conflicts.
11. WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM?