asked Feb 23, 2008 at 7:43am
Hp HP OfficeJet 7210

ribbon cable

I need a new ribbon cable that goes to the ink carrage. for a hp office jet 7210. My customer stabed his with a pair of scissors and cut the ribbon.

Please any info on where to find this part or a parts breakdown.

Thanks Dave
It's probably not available.

If HP supplied it, then it would be part of the carriage assembly.
by Stephen on Feb 27, 2008 at 3:00pm Add comment
have you tried the hp parts surfer ?
by fishyink on Feb 27, 2008 at 3:27pm Add comment
You may be in luck !!!

See my post Re: OJ7310 Punctured ribbon cable [email protected] (2/27/08 8:52 PM) near the bottom post & you can use this info to call HP & say what is listed in the post & no more info to them than that & they should send you another printer. When you send them your bad one back there are so many comming back to them it will be checked off thier list.

Your's should be saying "no black ink -- replace black ink" ---you can tell HP it is doing this also.
by [email protected] on Feb 28, 2008 at 9:01am Add comment
The HP replacement is an extended warranty for a design defect, not some dummy stabbing it with a pair of scissors!
by moe on Feb 28, 2008 at 9:19am Add comment
Why did they have scissors near the ribbon cable in the 1st place???
Possibly an office worker using an office tool to try to get the x-bias spring back in place on the right side of the black cartridge holster.

If that is true the user doesn't know it but, it won't stay & the user will usually unknowingly puncture the ribbon cable when they put the black cartridge back in.

If they slipped while trying to fix a flaw in HP's design then it will be covered because there is a broken part the user should not have had to try & fix it in a pinch.

If thier faxing capability was down from the original problem, they were doing what they could to try & fix it; that is expected & they should not be penalized for the attempt.
by [email protected] on Feb 28, 2008 at 9:51am Add comment