asked Dec 13, 2000 at 9:58pm
Unknown Printer

personal laserwriter ntr

i bumped against the paperholder on my personal laserwriter, which tore it off it's hinges and broke a little black hook kind of piece on the side. i'm just wondering if that is what's replaced in the paper pickup repair kit (is that black piece a paper pickup piece?)?

if so, i'm happy to buy one and fix it.

Sounds to me like you broke the paper lifting plate. Did you also break the door?
by moe on Dec 13, 2000 at 10:10pm Add comment
the door is fine, i can hook it back onto the frame, it's just that little black hooky piece (there's one on each side) that's broken in two. tried to superglue it back on, but that didn't work, wouldn't hold it. the black hooky thing "wraps" around the peg that the door clips onto. are there more details i can give you?
by maury on Dec 13, 2000 at 10:21pm Add comment
The black hooky thing is part of the lifting plate. That's the part that goes across the front part that lifts the paper up to the pickup rollers so they can grab them. We've got some in stock, a bit difficult to replace, but not too bad. Email me if you want to order one and I'll give you pricing and ordering info.
by moe on Dec 14, 2000 at 8:37am Add comment