asked Mar 27, 2007 at 2:04am
Hp HP LaserJet 3100

HP3100 vertical mark in paper

There is a feint indentation in the paper that runs from top to bottom near the middle of each printed page. If you rub your finger along this line the ink smudges. The problem is not fixed by installation of a new printer cartridge. Any suggestions?
The fuser film sleeve is damaged.

You can usually replace the sleeve and clean the pressure roller.

Are you mechanically inclined? This one takes a little talent.

You need a film sleeve and lubricant.

I suggest you email Moe and ask for pricing.

by Stephen on Mar 27, 2007 at 5:07pm Add comment
Actually, the 5L uses the same engine as the 3100 and there is a kit on the site showing how to replace the film in the 5L/6L model. Only problem is that on the 3100, you have to remove the document scanner part as well. We don't have a video that shows that part.
by moe on Mar 27, 2007 at 5:22pm Add comment