asked Nov 11, 2005 at 4:10pm
Hp HP LaserJet 5MP

HP laserjet 5MP paper rolled around fuser?

I have had paper crinkling for the last half of the printed page. I reviewed things here and saw I should examine the fuser. It looks to me like there is a sheet of paper wrapped around the fuser. I SEE WHITE across the whole fuser, I can't see the brown of the fuser at all. The white is covered with print. It looks to me like a sheet was rolled around the fuser and keeps picking up print from papers passing through.

Does this make sense? I've pressed the fuser release paper jam button but nothing happens. I can't see an end to pull it off.

Any ideas? Do I have to dismantle the whole printer to get at the fuser?
I had the same problem today. The printed page would come out a bit crinkled. I guess you have already removed the cover and the fuser. I managed to get the paper out by turning the fuser gears back and forth a little bit at a time. It was wrapped around the rubber roller and managed to cut the film on the upper roller. You will have to print a few pages to get rid of most of the dirt.
by kensmith20000 on Nov 11, 2005 at 5:25pm Add comment
You have to remove the cover to get to the fuser.

4 screws to remove, and 4 flange that need to be gently pried out while pulling the cover off.
by Stephen on Nov 11, 2005 at 8:01pm Add comment
Thanks. I can find the tabs, I'm having some trouble locating the screws. Can you describe where I'd find them?

Thanks. - unknown
Lift the toner lid and you're looking at them.
by moe on Nov 12, 2005 at 8:58am Add comment