asked Sep 1, 2000 at 9:12am
Hp HP LaserJet 4

Paper curling with HP4

A few months ago we printed some heavy paper which messed up the printer. The fusing assembly got some toner build up on it, which I managed to scrape off successfully, but the pages still come out curled. Is this because of the fusing assembly or could it be something else? Is the repair kit a new fusing assembly or is it just the roller that goes inside the assembly?
We have 2 repair kits. One is the heat lamp if you have a 50 error. The other one has a new upper teflon fuser roller (the one you scraped). They both come with an instructional video that shows how to put the parts in safely. Are you by chance mistaking the curl for the accordion fold at the bottom that is common with that printer? In that case you'll probably need the exit jam kit.
by moe on Sep 2, 2000 at 9:58am Add comment
There is no error message, and the whole piece of paper is curled. If you lay a piece of paper on the table each end will stick up about about an inch or so. A printer like this should produce some amount of curl due to the way the rollers redirect the paper, however it is curled a lot more than normal.
by Joel on Sep 4, 2000 at 4:57pm Add comment
I would suggest you get a rebuilt fuser. We can do one at $79 with your core in exchange. Unlike some of the cheap rebuilds that are out there, we use strictly OEM parts in ours. Our failure rate is pretty close to zero. I did have to replace a worn plastic gear on one of our 4 year old rebuilds recently. If you want one, email me and I'll tell you how to order one since it's not available on our site yet.
by moe on Sep 4, 2000 at 5:50pm Add comment