asked Dec 11, 2001 at 12:38am
Hp HP LaserJet 4

HP 4 Yikes!!!

What is a Fuser and where is it? Also the paper comes out a bit shaded, and it looks like it has Roler marks on the paper, like 2'' wide? I tried to clean rollers It works for a bit then thats it Please Help??? Thanks
Hi, Rik- I'm not familiar with your HP 4 but I can tell you what a Fuser is. The Fuser is the "HOT" roller at the end of the paper path. It "fuses" the image to the paper.

by Jack on Dec 11, 2001 at 6:25pm Add comment
The fuser is placed at the back of your printer. If you open the back of the pinter you see 2 screws verticaly mounted about 2 inches of the 'floor' (just above the paper-tray (on the back)). These are the screws of the fuser. After removing (just possible with long screwdriver) them you should be able to remove the fuser by pulling it carefully.
by Frank on Dec 13, 2001 at 10:54am Add comment
Check for toner deposits on upper fuser roller. It's tricky to clean without causing damage to the teflon coating and I usually have to replace it.
Be carefull! - these fuser units are HOT.
by unknown on Dec 28, 2001 at 6:27am Add comment