unknownasked Oct 15, 2000 at 9:55am
1. This procedure requires that the black-only catridge be installed. The procedure will not work with the four-color cartridge.
2. Disconnect the power cord from the printer.
3. Make sure the high performance black ink cartridge is installed and the power cord is plugged into the wall.
4. Open the front door.
5. Press and hold down the power button while connecting the power cord to the printer, then release the power button.
6. Press the power button again, and close the front door.
7. A pattern page now prints and the EEPROM data is reset. The last bar on the pattern will be white, which shows that the data has been reset.