asked Jul 2, 2001 at 1:17pm
Epson Epson Stylus Color 3000

epson print server

I need a 10 Base-T Epson Ethernet Interface card for my Stylus Color 3000, and it has a B-type slot to accept one. However, after checking through Epson's support pages, I have established that there are really two kinds of of this card - one referred to as 'Ethernet' and the other 'Ethernet Print Server'. I need to know the difference between the two before I choose which one to get. The list where this shows up is at:


and they are in the third menu down - compare C823572 (Ethernet) with C823622 (Ethernet Print Server).

I can only make an assumption that the former is for direct connection to a computer and requires software sharing on that computer to share the printer over the network, and the latter lets all the machines connect to it directly (handling print queues, and negating the need for a seperate server, etc)?

I want to be able to print from any computer on my ethernet network but I want this to be directly to the printer and not through another computer.

Please help me, as I need to know the difference very urgently!