petercampbellasked Jan 5, 2019 at 6:20am
message ' printhead appears to be missing, not detected, or incorrectly installed' Have tried removing and reinserting as per help instructions
if you are using a lexmark printer, please remove the print head properly and clean it before inserting back.
Here are steps to remove printhead of a lexmark printer:
- 1.Turn on your Lexmark printer
- 2.Tap the Setup button from the printer's Control Panel
- 3.Now press Maintenance -> Replace Printhead
- a.If you are using a Lexmark touchscreen printer, then tap Ink Menu and then choose More Options. After that, select Replace Printhead
- 4.Remove the printer cover carefully
- a.The carrier will automatically move to the center. If it doesn't, then remove the power cord and bring the carrier to the middle manually. For detailed information on how to do this, contact Lexmark Printer support number and speak to a technician.
- 5.Gently press the tab and draw out the latch
- 6.Pull it up and take out the printhead cautiously
- 7.It's done!