GranSuzeasked Aug 7, 2018 at 11:37am
No paper message
Won't print, says there's not paper - but there is!! Have turned on and off......
My printer is Brother DCP-7060DN. Any help much appreciated......
Most likely a broken paper sensor arm. If it happens when you turn it on before printing, there is an arm that dangles down in the tray. When it runs out of paper, the arm falls into a slot and blocks an led from shining on a photosensor. If it happens when paper feeds up, then the arm that is triggered is broken and does not trigger the photosensor.
Solution 1: The machine is out of paper or paper is not properly loaded in the paper tray.
Do one of the following:
- Refill the paper in the paper tray and press Black (Mono) Start or Color (Colour) Start or Start.
- Remove the paper and load it again. Then press Black (Mono) Start or Color (Colour) Start or Start.
- If the problem is not resolved, the paper pick-up roller may need to be cleaned. Clean the paper pick-up roller.
- Solution 2: The paper tray indicated on the LCD is not installed properly.
- Re-install the paper tray that is indicated on the LCD.
- Solution 3: The paper you are using may not meet our specifications.
- Check that you use the paper that meets our specifications