asked Aug 19, 2000 at 4:28pm
Apple Apple LaserWriter LaserWriter

Apple LaserWriter 8500 Fuser

Does anyone know a supplier of the heater roller in the LaserWriter 8500 Fuser

Thank you in advance for any information


Not that a reply five years later will do any good, except to someone searching these forums now, but www.fixyourownprinter.com, the very site you're looking at, sells the Laserwriter 8500 heater lamp.
by John Sawyer on Apr 25, 2005 at 1:40pm Add comment
Got a heat roller as well.
by moe on Apr 25, 2005 at 1:44pm Add comment
Oops, sorry, you're right Moe--he was asking about a heater roller, not a heater lamp. Guess his mix of terminology confused me late at night--I use the terms "heater lamp" and "fuser roller", so when he said "heater roller", I subconciously substituted "lamp" for "roller". - John Sawyer
regarding the scratch on the heating roller of any printer, u may re-cotting (re-paint)if the exact roller doesn't available in the market. Did you try this?
by Gopi Karki on Sep 6, 2005 at 5:37am Add comment
I have small cracks on the roller as well. I wondered if it could be recoated. How would one do that? I also thought about just buying a new one but I would always like to repair first if possible. - Anonymous
The upper roller is teflon coated, so if you are adept at repairing your teflon coated cookware, you should have no problem recoating your upper roller! Seriously, once the coating has been damaged, you must replace the entire roller. I do not believe that there is any "paint" that can be used. Some companys offer some type of re-surfacing but I have never used them.
by unknown on Dec 22, 2005 at 1:07pm Add comment